Routing variability calculation and display
After having created a routing you can display on chart the variability.
Variability's value allows identifying quickly important variation of wind direction and strength which require from the skipper a supplementary expertise of his forecasts, routing and sourcing files.
- The variability is equal to 100% if wind direction and strength are stable.
- It will decrease to 80% if the routing shows important variations of the wind direction and strength. It indicates as well the weather transition for example a ridge with a gradient decreasing of pressure thus of wind.
Variability is symbolized in the Routing tree by a more or less strong display density (as it is shown in the picture above beside).
- Areas colored in Black indicate weather transitions. A very dense black corresponds to a variability < 70 % and it is thus necessary to cross it in the shortest after an analysis more refined and recalculating a new routing before changing criteria as well as modifying parameters and files sources.
- Light areas show the "Corridors" where weather conditions are more stable depending to forecasts.
The ability to overlay both together variability and Sailset allows you to clearly view each transition of different ways (as ridge) across the routing.
The Variability value is indicated in each line of the Routing center which corresponds to a time period of the weather routing.
Weather File Adjustment
It is possible to adjust the wind forecast data values, in order, for example, to take into account the hours or wind direction or wind speed, which has been prevailing in the zone for several days.
- Increase or decrease the wind speed (%): move the cursor along the slide bar to modify to increase or decrease the percentage.
- Increase or decrease the wind speed (value): enter directly a value.
- Change Weather File Time: enter a specific time HH:MM.
- Change Weather File in Latitude and Longitude.
- Change Weather File Direction.
- Increase or decrease in percentage Waves and/or Current values.